Business Management Classes
Effective communication skills are fundamental to success in many aspects of life. Statistics point to the fact that approximately 85% of our success in life is directly connected to our communication skills. That means no matter how determined, how dedicated, or how highly educated someone is, they still have a low probability of success without the right communication skills. This one-day workshop is designed to help you improve your interactions with people in the workplace and at home. If you struggle to find that middle ground between being too aggressive or too passive, or perhaps need to enhance your ability to handle difficult situations without being manipulated, then this workshop is for you!
You will learn:
How to identify common communication problems
Develop skills on how to ask questions so that you gather the most important information needed
Identify what your non-verbal messages are telling others
Learn established practices aimed at listening actively and empathetically to others
While learning about the five approaches to relationships, you will also master how to create a professional image for yourself, learn how to firmly stand your ground when saying “no” and discover the 10 commandments of positive relationships.
Tue Nov 10 2020 08:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Every new manager wants to avoid the mistakes and unexpected challenges that can come with being a new leader. This course will cover an overview of the supervisory skillset an effective manager would need to be successful. You will be introduced to the hidden aspects of being an authentic, heart-driven leader because research supports employees leave an organization most often because of management...don’t be the manager to add to that statistic. The target audience is for new people in any supervisory/team leader position however, inspiring managers can also benefit from this session.
Here are just a few of the topics that will be covered:
• The difference between leadership and management
• The 5 practices of exemplary leadership
• Building trust with, and within your new team
• Creating a culture that attracts and retains the best
• To be the manager no one wants to leave
• Communicating with a vision
• Hiring right the first time – personality vs character; attitude vs skill
• Understanding the value of emotional intelligence and why that matters
• The Great Manager Checklist
Thu Nov 19 2020 08:30 AM - 3:30 PM
There is a simple method for systematically solving problems. By solving problems in an orderly way, you can significantly increase the power of your belief that the situation does have a solution. Solving tough problems requires the ability to define the true problem, analyze the possible causes, create options, select the most feasible choice and then implement it.
This workshop will help you to find sustainable solutions and learn new, creative ways to approach problem solving. Unless you live in total isolation, you are, by necessity, involved with problem solving and decision making. By embracing diversity of thought and by understanding your problem solving style, you can expect better results in finding effective solutions once you have completed this workshop.
• Increase your awareness of problem solving steps and problem solving tools.
• Distinguish root causes from symptoms to identify the right solution for the right problem.
• Improve your problem solving and decision making skills through identifying your own problem solving style.
• Identify ways to think creatively and work towards creative solutions
Thu Nov 12 2020 08:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Renowned as the world’s premier personal leadership development solution, the new 7 Habits of Highly Effective People® Signature Edition 4.0 aligns timeless principles of effectiveness with modern technology and practices. This two-day Franklin Covey training will help your organization achieve sustained superior results by focusing on making individuals and leaders more effective. Participants will gain hands-on experience, applying timeless principles that yield greater productivity, improved communication, strengthened relationships, increased influence and laser-like focus on critical priorities. It will help your organization build leaders at every level.
Participants will learn to:
• Focus and act on what can be controlled and influenced instead of what can’t
• Define clear measures of success and create a plan to achieve them for both life and work
• Prioritize and achieve the most important goals instead of constantly reacting to urgencies
• Develop innovate solutions that leverage diversity and satisfy all key stakeholders
• Collaborate more effectively with others by building high trust relationships of mutual benefit
Tue Dec 1 2020 09:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Wed Dec 2 2020 09:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Gain a practical, how-to overview of the entire training purpose. New trainers will gain critical skills for delivering powerful, engaging and captivating workshops. There is an ancient Chinese proverb: “Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to catch fish and you feed him for a lifetime.” Training the trainer is like teaching a man to fish. Train one trainer and they have the ability to impart knowledge on many. As a trainer, it is important to understand the adult learner as well as it is to engage both the intellectual and the emotional side of learning when presenting. Training is very rewarding but can be extremely stressful. These tools and tips will help you reduce the stress, help you build confidence and give you a blueprint to tailor training to meet the needs of your audience.
Wed Nov 11 2020 09:00 AM - 4:00 PM
We are a primary training provider for the Louisiana Incumbent Worker Training Program (IWTP) and a training provider under the Small Business Employee Training Program (SBET).
Through these programs you can get training for your employees — for free.