Incumbent Worker Training Program, or IWTP, provides state funding to businesses who want to provide additional training to their employees.
To qualify for the IWTP program, the employer must:
- Be operating in Louisiana for at least 3 years
- Identify training for a minimum of 15 employees
- Contribute to the IWTP fund and be in full compliance with U.I. taxes
- Use the online registration form to determine eligibility
Under IWTP, the training provider (UL Lafayette Continuing Education) administers the grant and there are no out-of-pocket expenses to the employer. The employer also determines when and where the classes will take place.
- Register online to get an authorization number.
- The training provider you select uses the authorization code to open the application.
- Fill out the application online with the provider. (See a sample application here.)
- Submit the application online and send documentation to grant administrator.
- Application is reviewed for completenes, accuracy, and cost effectiveness. If you receive more than 100 points, you are referred to the monthly review cycle.
- Highest scoring grants are approved monthly based on available funds.
- Deputy executive director gives final approval and contract documents are drawn up.
Contact Anita Dupre at 3337-482-6391 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.