The Small Business Employee Training (SBET) program provides state funding to companies that are interested in training their employees.
Who can participate in Small Business Employee Training?
- Employers with 50 or fewer employees
- Businesses operating in Louisiana for at least 3 years
- Contributing to and in full compliance with state U.I. tax laws
What is needed to apply?
- Federal tax ID number
- State unemployment ID number
- Social security numbers and job titles of trainees
- Course prices and clock hours
How to apply
- Complete the online application. The application must be submitted a minimum of 30 days prior to the course start date.
- Print online form and have it signed by an authorized employer representative.
- Fax or mail a copy of the signed application form, a copy of the company's W-9, and a copy of the applicant's recent pay check stub to the grants specialist in Baton Rouge.
Upon written approval of application, the employer contacts UL Lafayette Office of Professional and Continuing Education to arrange for training to begin.
Up to $3,000 per trainee per state fiscal year is available.
To be reimbursed for training, submit:
- Proof of payment for the class or course
- Proof of completion from the training provider
- Proof that wages were paid to participant during training hours OR proof that the participant received a wage increase upon completion of training
Contact Anita Dupre at 337-482-6391 or at email@example.com for more information.